Explore all 360 degrees of the University of Arizona's Biosphere 2. Learn more about the current research initiatives in our Rainforest, Ocean, Landscape Evolution Observatory and Technosphere.
Google Virtual Tour
The Biosphere 2 Virtual Tour takes advantage of Google's enhanced "Street View" technology which allows you to get a first-hand view of your destination using only a web browser and your mouse. You can access the Biosphere 2 Virtual Tour by clicking the "Launch Virtual Tour" button below – then navigate by clicking and/or dragging your mouse on various parts of the photos to let the application 'know' where you'd like to go. We also have a number of short-cut links that let you skip around to various areas of the property. Please note: links open in a new window or tab and some images are uploaded by general public.
How to Navigate in Street View
- To move 'down the road,' hover your cursor in the direction you want to travel. Your cursor becomes an arrow that shows which direction you will travel, and an “X” on the ground marks where you will go. Click once to travel to the “X.”
- To look around, click and drag your mouse. You can also use the arrows to the left and right of the compass icon.
- To zoom in or out, scroll with your mouse or two-finger zoom with a touchpad. You can also use the + and - buttons below the compass.
- To orient your Street View North, click the compass icon in the bottom right.
- To jump between streets (locations), click on the blue highlighted routes in the preview window in the bottom left.
(Instructions courtesy of Google Support)